Dr Ibtihalat Mohamed
MBBS (Hons ) FRACP (Dual Fellowship)
Special clinical interest in Congenital Heart Disease Rheumatic Heart Disease, Aortopathies, Paediatric Cardio-Oncology and Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
About Dr Ibtihalat Mohamed
Dr Ibtihalat Mohamed is a Paediatric Cardiologist who graduated with 1st class honours from Gezira University in Sudan. She worked in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years before moving to New Zealand where she completed her basic Paediatric training, mainly at Starship Hospital. She then went on to complete her advanced paediatric training in various facilities throughout Australia gaining extensive experience in acute General paediatric care including neonatal and paediatric intensive care. Ibtihalat then went on for her cardiology training, completed at Monash Heart with affiliation to the Royal Children Hospital in Melbourne then Perth Children Hospital in 2020. She then undertook further advanced cardiology training with a special emphasis on echocardiogram skills at Queensland Children Hospital.
Ibtihalat has been passionate about education participating in undergraduate University lecturing as well as clinical mentoring at both Curtain University and Queensland University.
Ibtihalat takes pride in being compassionate with children and their families with excellent communication skills and ability to relate to families.
She consults primarily at Sunshine Coast private hospital and Milton with admitting rights as well as Park Road Advara HeartCare Centre.
- A review paper on Assessment of Disease Progression in Patients with Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot using Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging presented at CSANZ annual Meeting 2019 Adelaide and published in Heart, Lung and Circulation Journal 8th July 2020.
- A case report titled: A large left coronary artery to right ventricular fistula in a paediatric patient: A watchful approach and successful closure utilising modern imaging modalities – published in Journal of Heart and Cardiovascular Medicine.
- A study titled: Pick up Rates of Ferrous sulphate and Vitadol C in Preterm Infants Upon Discharge from Waitakere Special Care Baby Unit. Presented at the combined FAOPS & PSANZ conference Sydney 2012. PHARMAC after being presented with evidence from my study, have since changed their dispensing regulations for Vitadol C.
- Clinical Audit on echocardiogram coding practices in our cardiology department at Perth children’s Hospital, presented at the annual WA research exhibition 2020.
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Associate Member of Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
- Member of the American Society Echo Association (ASE)