Dr Mark Nidorf
MD MBBS FRACP FACC FCSANZ
Special clinical interest in non invasive cardiac imaging, echocardiography and the management of coronary disease.
About Dr Mark Nidorf
Dr Stefan Mark Nidorf is a Cardiovascular Imaging Specialist. He trained in Medicine in Perth Western Australia. He did advanced training in echocardiography at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Harvard Medical School.
He is currently working as a Clinical Cardiologist at Advara HeartCare in Perth and is affiliated with the Heart and Vascular Research Institute at the Perkins Research Institute. His clinical research interest in atherosclerosis led him to initiate the LoDoCo trials for the secondary prevention of coronary disease, the rationale of which has been strengthened by an improved understanding of how cholesterol transitions from an essential molecule into a crystalline form that can act to initiate and perpetuate the chronic and acute manifestations of atherosclerosis.
- Dr Nidorf’s clinical interest in atherosclerosis led him to initiate the LoDoCo trials.
- N Engl J Med 2020 DOI:10.1056/NEJMoa2021372
- Nidorf SM, Eikelboom JW, Budgeon CA, Thompson PL. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(4):404-406. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2012.10.027
- Nidorf SM, Fiolet A, Abela GS Viewing atherosclerosis through a crystal lens: How the evolving structure of cholesterol crystals in atherosclerotic plaque alters its stability J Clin Lipidol 2020 Jul 11;S1933-2874(20)30213-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jacl.2020.07.003. Online ahead of print.
- Nidorf M, Thompson PL. Am J Cardiol. 2007. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2006.10.039
- Thompson PL, Nidorf SM. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2018 Dec;29(6):467-473. doi: 10.1097/MOL.0000000000000552.PMID: 30320614
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow of Cardiac Society of Australia New Zealand (FCSANZ)