A/Professor Glenn Young
MBBS FRACP FCSANZ FHRS
“I have been privileged to work through an era where the treatments for cardiac arrhythmias has expanded immensely. To have been a part of this has been exciting and rewarding.”
Special clinical interest in cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac implantable electronic device insertion and atrial fibrillation
About A/Prof. Glenn Young
Associate Professor Glenn Young is a Cardiac Electrophysiologist with almost 30 years in clinical practice. He has a diverse range of current commitments including ongoing involvement in clinical research, Chair of the Cardiac Prostheses Clinical Advisory Committee (DOHA), Member of the Medical Services Advisory Committee, Member of Bellberry and St Andrews Hospital Ethics committees and has a regular commitment to teaching and education in Myanmar. He is past president of the EP and Pacing Council of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand.
He enjoys the balance of clinical medicine, teaching, research and advisory work that exists in his worklife.
- My research interests span the breadth of cardiac rhythm disturbances. I have been an investigator in over 30 national and international trials
- Author of over 60 peer reviewed papers and four book chapters
- Member and Past President Heart Rhythm Council, Cardiac Society of Aust and NZ
- Member Medical Services Advisory Committee
- Chair Cardiac Prostheses Clinical Advisory Committee
- Member Bellberry and St Andrews Ethics Committees