Primary Care Cardiac Testing
Cardiac testing that works with your practice
At Advara HeartCare, it is our purpose to improve Australia’s Heart Health. To do this, we are committed to delivering care to patients in a way that works for them.
We are pleased to partner with primary care providers to bring Holter monitoring and Echo testing directly to your clinic. We use a patient-centric model of care that expands access for your practice while integrating seamlessly into your workflows.
How does it work?
Our integrated cardiac testing services expand access for your patients, enabling them to undergo non-invasive cardiac testing in the comfort and convenience of their current clinic while providing an opportunity for you to expand your practice and differentiate your service.
How do you provide primary care cardiac testing?
Two different types of tests are currently offered as part of our primary care cardiac testing offering:
- Holter monitoring
- Cardiac echos (resting echocardiogram)
Both integrated services work slightly differently, but both enable your practice to expand your service offering to patients in a comfortable environment.
Primary Care Holter Monitoring
For patients suspected of having a cardiac arrhythmia or palpitations, Holter monitoring provides a continuous recording of a patient’s heart rhythm over 24-48 hours, and it helps detect and diagnose symptoms of arrhythmia that may go unnoticed during a standard ECG test.
This service enables the integration of Holter monitoring into your clinic as part of your standard weekly workflow, without the need to send patients offsite for testing.
Traditionally, GPs would need to refer patients to a Cardiologist or other testing facilities to have Holter monitoring recorded. This integration enables your team to fit the device to the patient, and still be reported by cardiac electrophysiologists with a 24-hour reporting turnaround.
Integrated into your practice
- Once you sign up for the service, we will send the monitor to your clinic.
- Your staff will apply the monitor and we will do the rest.
- Training will be provided to your team to ensure smooth and efficient running of your service.
- Clinician-friendly reports will be returned to your practice management software within 24 hours.
- Patients will remain in the comfort of your clinic while receiving access to high-quality cardiac care.
*See this service in detail
Integrated Holter Monitoring
Echocardiograms help doctors assess cardiac structure and function through the use of ultrasound images of the heart. Ventricular function, valvular structure and function, diastolic and systolic function, as well as cardiac and great vessel anatomy, are all assessed with echocardiography.
Many of these findings are not possible to be detected on a clinical examination and a range of diagnoses and treatments can follow from initial echocardiogram, helping to improve patient outcomes and treatment plans.
It can be hard for patients to go off-site for testing, so we will bring the testing services to your clinic. If your practice refers a high volume of patients offsite for echocardiogram testing, you can schedule a regular in-clinic echo service.
How does it work?
Advara HeartCare will bring the portable equipment to your practice and utilise otherwise empty or redundant space within the clinic.
Our 100% cloud-based image and report archiving solution allows live viewing of patient images through a web browser.
What are the benefits for my clinic?
- We provide your patients and doctors with greater access to affordable, reliable, high quality non-invasive cardiac testing by utilising a patient-centric approach.
- For Holter, clinician-friendly reports will be returned to your practice with a 24-hour turnaround. management software.
- Reporting cardiologists will be available to discuss clinical findings with referring doctors.
- This service provides seamless integration into your workflows with no lengthy operational setups.
How will this benefit my patients?
- Providing patients with greater access to affordable diagnostic testing in a familiar environment.
- If Cardiology review is required, a rapid pathway is available through the Advara HeartCare network.
- All results are reported by local electrophysiologists, improving clinical outcomes.
How does the process work?
- For Holter monitoring, your team will fit the device to the patient, and our cardiac electrophysiologists will send the reports back securely within 24 hours.
- For echos, we bring the US equipment and the sonographer, all we need is a vacant room within the medical facility that has access to internet and a bed –this can be a treatment room, nursing room or consultation room.
Will my team be trained?
Yes. We will train your team about Holter monitoring to ensure a smooth and efficient running of your service.
How often do you attend to do echos?
Our ultrasound team will liaise with your clinic staff and work together to schedule an echocardiogram clinic on a day that suits the practice.
Our team will provide ongoing support and answer any questions you may have.
How do I get started?
Enquire below, and one of our team members will contact you with further details.