Dr Abdolali Zolghadrasli
“There is nothing more satisfying than seeing somebody’s smile after having helped them overcome their illness.”
Special clinical interests in heart failure and non-invasive imaging
About Dr Abdolali Zolghadrasli
Dr Abdolali Zolghadrasli, more popularly known as Abdi, undertook his Cardiology training in Shiraz, Iran and worked for 5 years as a consultant cardiologist before joining the department of cardiology at Shiraz University as an assistant professor of cardiology. He then immigrated to Australia in 2019 to pursue further training and gain a new perspective in clinical cardiology. In Melbourne, he undertook a fellowship at Austin Health in heart failure, before completing further training in cardiac imaging.
Abdi has a special interest in research and as well as being a principal author in peer reviewed journals, is a scientific reviewer and associate editor of several journals. Abdi’s areas of special clinical interest and ongoing research include heart failure, cardiac anatomy, ischaemic heart disease, peripheral vascular disease and cardiac imaging including stress and trans thoracic echocardiography as well as Cardiac CT.
Dr Abdolali speaks English, French and Persian.
- Awarded as the “top clinical researcher” by the Department of Cardiology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, for contributions to research and education, 2020.
- Awarded as an “Outstanding Professor” by the Department of Cardiology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, 2019
- Awarded top prize of 500$ in the “8th middle east cardiovascular congress”, Dubai, UAE, for the presentation of an article entitled “Short-term results of retrograde pulmonary embolectomy in massive and submassive pulmonary embolism: a single-center study of 30 patients”, 2012.
- Awarded as an outstanding registrar of School of Medicine in 2 consecutive years, 2011-2012.
- Awarded as an outstanding cardiology registrar by the Vice-Chancellor of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences.
- In heart failure, cardiac anatomy, ischaemic heart disease and cardiac imaging
- Khalil Zarrabi, Abdolali Zolghadrasli, Mohammad Ali Ostovan, Azimeh Azimifar, Short-term results of retrograde pulmonary embolectomy in massive and submassive pulmonary embolism: a single-center study of 30 patients, European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Volume 40, Issue 4, October 2011, Pages 890–893, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejcts.2011.06.004
- Khalil Zarrabi, Abdolali Zolghadrasli, Mohammad Ali Ostovan, Azimeh Azimifar, Leila Malekmakan, Residual pulmonary hypertension after retrograde pulmonary embolectomy: long-term follow-up of 30 patients with massive and submassive pulmonary embolism, Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, Volume 17, Issue 2, August 2013, Pages 242–246, https://doi.org/10.1093/icvts/ivt210
- Javad Kojuri, Mohammad A Ostovan, Nima Zamiri, Abdolali Zolghadr Asli, Mohammad A Bani Hashemi, Afshin Borhani Haghighi. Procedural outcome and midterm result of carotid stenting in high-risk patients. Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/021849230801600202
- Ostovan MA, Kojuri J, Mokhtaryan M, Razazi V, Zolghadrasli A. Procedural Outcome and One Year Follow up of Patients Undergoing Endovascular Stenting for Coarctation of Aorta: A Single Center Study. J Cardiovasc Thorac Res. 2014;6(2):117-21. doi: 10.5681/jcvtr.2014.025. Epub 2014 Jun 30. PMID: 25031828; PMCID: PMC4097852.
- Ostovan MA, Kamali M, Zolghadrasli A. A Case of Fatal Acute Lung Injury after Balloon Valvuloplasty of Pulmonary Stenosis: Case Report and Review of Literature. J Cardiovasc Thorac Res. 2015;7(2):78-80. doi: 10.15171/jcvtr.2015.18. PMID: 26191398; PMCID: PMC4492184.