Dr Barveen Abu Baker
MBBS MRCP (United Kingdom) FRACP CCDS CEPS
Specialises in atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia, ventricular ectopics, ventricular tachycardia and devices troubleshooting.
About Dr Barveen Abu Baker
Dr Abu Baker completed her basic medical training and subsequently undertook cardiology training at renowned National Heart Institute of Malaysia. The National Heart Institute (IJN) is an advanced cardiovascular and thoracic health center which mainly services adult and paediatric heart patients. The IJN works jointly with leading international medical establishments that innovates new clinical techniques into the system of this heart institution.
In 2017, Dr Abu Baker commenced her two-year Electrophysiology and cardiac device fellowship at Northern Health, Victoria under the mentorship of Dr Uwais (Wes) Mohamed and gained an insightful knowledge of His bundle pacing (HBP), which has recently emerged as a technique for achieving physiological pacing.
Dr Abu Baker’s area of interests includes Diagnosis and Management of arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation, Supraventricular tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia. In addition to that she has demonstrated her expert implantation skills and follow up of cardiac implantable electronic devices including pacemakers, defibrillators and monitoring devices.
- Young investigator Award: National Heart Association Malaysia, 2013
- Extravascular ICD ; His/LBBB pacing
- Special clinical interest in general cardiology, arrhythmias and electrophysiology
- Yap, L.B., Eng, D.T.S., Sivalingam, L., Rusani, B.I., Umadevan, D., Muhammad, Z., Koh, K.W., Aisha, B., Hashim, M.I., Rebo, R. and Hussin, A., 2016. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis, 22(8), pp.792-797.
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- National Heart Association of Malaysia (NHAM)
- Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS)
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)