Dr Michelle Butler
MBBS (Melb), FRACP, FCSANZ, LEVEL A CTCA (RANZCR)
Cardiologist and Cardiac Imaging Specialist
Special clinical interests in non invasive cardiac imaging, management of heart failure, valvular heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, peri-operative medicine
About Dr Michelle Butler
Dr Michelle Butler is a cardiologist and cardiac imaging specialist. Dr Butler’s clinical interests are wide and include management of heart failure, valvular heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, peri-operative medicine and management of cardiac conditions during pregnancy. She completed her undergraduate training at the University of Melbourne and St Vincent’s Hospital Clinical School. She then went on to complete her residency at St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne, followed by advanced cardiology training at The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne.
Dr Butler then pursued subspecialty training in non-invasive cardiac imaging, completing an imaging fellowship at The Alfred Hospital which encompassed all aspects of echocardiography (transthoracic, transoesphageal and stress echo) as well as training in cardiac MRI and cardiac CT. She has also been involved in cardiac magnetic resonance research.
Dr Butler joined Advara HeartCare in 2013 and works from the Mater Private Clinic, Greenslopes and Milton.
- Myocardial Fibrosis Predicts Appropriate Device Therapy in Patients with Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators for Primary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Management of the no-reflow phenomenon.
- Diagnostic performance of multisequential cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in acute cardiac allograft rejection
- Combined dyssynchrony and scar imaging with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging predicts clinical response and long-term prognosis following cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging predicts Improvement in Left Ventricular Remodeling following Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy